Thursday, May 28, 2009

Crazy kids, crazier mom

I have been given the opportunity to get an outsider's view of my children every morning. We have a good friend of ours staying in our basement (no it's not finished, yes it's ghetto, no he doesn't care) and he comes up dying laughing just about every morning at something my kids have said during the morning chaos. And mornings are the worst for me around here.

You know how in the moment things just are NOT funny and then later you can laugh about it? Yeah, that is happening all the time now! It is truly refreshing to step back for a minute and just enjoy your kids and not focus on all the things that you, as a parent, need to correct or punish! So here are a couple of little nuggets Pattywacky (the kids' name for our basement dweller) found amusing:

Me: Ethan, did you put your dinosaur in your backpack like I TOLD you too? (it was dinosaur day and I actually remembered and I wasn't giving up looking like a mom that's on top of it because of his lack of focus!)

Ethan: No

Me (steam blowing from my ears): You have got 10 Seconds to get your little butt upstairs and get it! 1!.. 2! ..3!...

Ethan (Pat now hears the patter of him struggling up the stairs and say to himself): There's no way I can do it that fast!

And from Liddy:

Grant starts crying at the top of his lungs. Clearly a "very hurt" cry.

I storm down the hall to his room because I know Liddy is in there, enough said.

Me: What happened to him!!! What did you do?!

Liddy: I'm too afraid to tell you!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, love you, love your kids, love it all!

Adrienne said...

What did she do to him?!

McCartneys said...

Ash, you didnt finish. You left us all Hangin!!!