Monday, August 9, 2010

Sunday Fun

Grant must have been bored yesterday because he found something to occupy his time. Consequently, Ben and I weren't bored either. His mischief provided us with an opportunity to work. These videos do not do justice to the mess. The luggage, for instance, was filled. Let me also mention that Ben and I had spent HOURS organizing and cleaning the basement less than 24 hours before this...adventure.

Usually things like this make me furious but I could not quit laughing! I think it's because Grant acted so nonchalant when I saw him. He came sauntering up the stairs and said, "Hi mom." I saw him covered in some kind of white powder and I said, "Whatcha been doing?" He casually replied, "Nothing." At that point I got out the camera. Please ignore my unusual exclamations. This was the first time I saw the basement, and we all know I'm a bit dramatic. But it truly was a huge mess!

7 comments:

Adrienne said...

Ashley! I don't even know what to say! LOL what a mess! He is so funny...no wonder he didn't want yall to see it!

McCartneys said...

Holy cow~ where do you even start to clean that up? What a stinker !

tania said...

oh. my. word. How can you ever get mad at that boy, though? He is way too cute to spank.

Shelly said...

Wow! First of all, how did you stay so calm??? What a mess! Although I don't think I could stay mad at that cute little stinker for long either. Thanks for the laugh!=)

Jared, Keri,Ashlyn,Anderson & Jaxon said...

I don't even know what to say but WOW! It looks like he had a lot of fun. What a mess to have to clean up. I would not of thought he could of got in to all of that but I guess you never under estimate what little ones can do. I can't believe how calm you were.

Chelsey said...

Oh my! He's the best though, how could you get mad a that little guy! That was quite the mess though. It boggles the mind how exactly they can make a mess like that.

Thanks for having us over the other night! and feeding us like you always do! You're the best!

Chad said...

Now that is some funny stuff right there. At the start of the second video when you ask him why he doesn't want to come down and he just kind of shruggs his shoulders made me lose it.

The best is "Holy Crap Ben..." Hope you weren't too hard on the little guy. I would have strangled mine...