Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Grant thinks he is so big!

He is getting big. Look at this sweet boy! Grant decided about 1 1/2 weeks ago that he wanted to use the potty. I know, you're all saying "Now, how old is he?" That's what I'm saying. I was NOT ready for this. He's only 19 months! But I thought that I would let him try it a couple of times and he would get sick of it and it would be over. Not so.
After a few days I finally broke down and bought him some underwear. I have never seen anything as cute as his little buns in little unders! Complete with chubby legs. I had to get some pictures. Don't worry it was a warm day...and none of the neighbors complained. yet.


And this is how I found him watching TV. He was checking out the extra info on Lady and the Tramp ("puppies"), and luckily it is strategically covering his unmentionables because he is nude under there! And check out the shoes! Those are Liddy's old Uggs. He loves them.



Grant's tush is the cutest thing ever! And here is Ben giving the obligatory "WOOHOO!!" that we give Grant after each and every kiss he gives us! If we don't do it, Grant will and wait for you to return the enthusiam. He is so much fun!


I wanted to get some video of how adorable his chubby legs and tushie are in his unders. He calls his underwear his "Melmo's" (Elmo's) or his "LaLa's"(from Elmo's song) because I got a pack of Sesame Street underwear that mostly have Elmo. He happens to have Cookie Monster ones on here but whatever. He surprised me with a little "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes." You can also see typical Ethan and Liddy fighting in the background, Liddy torturing Ethan as usual. (Also, this is the debut of our new couches. What do you think?)
So far he uses the potty three or four times in an about a 2 hour span after drinking a sippy cup. Then only about every hour or so. In the afternoons he usually has one or two accidents, depending on how distracted I am. He is about 50/50 on doing number 2 on the potty. I'm pretty low key about the whole thing and throw him in a diaper if we go anywhere and that's usually when he does the deuce. I think it's for real for now though. Don't hate me...I've paid my dues. My other two are still hit and miss in the potty area and they're 6 and 4! GO GRANT!!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Grant should be an underwear model. I love your couches and I think it is hilarious that Liddy and Ethan are fighting in the background. I also love your new blog background.

jolyne77 said...

I LOVE his chubby little legs! And WOW...about potty training! You must be doin' something right, eh? ;-)

And HEY, I LOVE his BLANKIE! ITS SOOOO CUTE!!!!! WHERE did YOU EVER get such a BLANKET?? LOL! I'm glad he still loves it. There's nothing like a blanket thats been loved. ;-)

I'm with Jenn too, the kids fighting in the backround. And I was secretly checking out your house, dreaming of what we might have some day...maybe this year. ;-)

Keep the posts comin'....glad to have you pick up the blogger ball! ;-)

Shelly said...

I too think Grant looks fabulous and I am glad to see the updates on here. We don't see you guys nearly often enough and it is so fun to see how big your kids are getting. Way to go Grant!!

Chelsey said...

Man, that is a sweet little tush! We need to get together again soon. We had a great time!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if this is exactly the right way to contact you, but you left your blog address on my blog wanting a pattern for the mary jane booties. I found the pattern on etsy.com. I just typed in "crochet mary jane pattern" in the search engine and found plenty of cute options and picked one. The one I have is from "Sylver". Tons of fun!! Good luck and let me know if you need more help. Guess what else? I know someone that you must be related to in some way. My husband and I both went to high school with Ben Guercio. Crazy small world!
clarkebuckeyes.blogspot.com

Danica Adams said...

Hi Ashley! do you remember me from Erie?? Your kids are getting so big, and they're just adorable! I was hoping I could talk to you about something. This is the only way I could think of to reach you. If you could please shoot me an email at danimichelexo@aol.com as soon as you can, I'd really appreciate it.