Ethan has lost his first tooth! It was so exciting at our house this afternoon when Ben discovered Ethan's tooth was so loose and announced, "Oh yeah! That tooth is coming out today!"
Ethan was super excited and paced around wiggling it. We would all take turns trying to loosen it up. I was too nervous to pull it out. Every now and then Ethan would say, "Can we take a break?" I think he was getting nervous too.
There were lots of ideas about how it should come out. Ethan asked Ben to get the pliers! I would not allow it! Eventually Ben got out the dental floss and Ethan said, "Mom I have a great idea! We can tie the dental floss to a dog and you can run real fast and the dog will follow you all hyper and woosh! My tooth will come out!" Ben stood in as said dog and I didn't run and he didn't follow me all hyper but woosh! The tooth came out!
Just before it came out Ethan said he was so excited to stick his tongue out through the hole and nobody could grab it! Huh?
Here's his new favorite thing:
I was on my way to get a picture of the tooth dangling on the string when Ethan announced that he couldn't find it. Ben had put it in a little tupperware for him and apparently he was shaking it with the lid off and it is forever lost in the carpet. We searched and searched. Ethan said," But Mom, I have to get a dollar!" Hopefully the tooth fairy will accept a hear-felt note in lieu of a tooth. Or maybe she can find the darned thing...
3 comments:
Yay, Ethan! Such a big boy!
I can't believe it! He is getting so big! Ugh! It makes us feel old! I remember the first time I met yall, he was just a baby! I'm sure the tooth fairy will find it at some point...maybe you'll know you've got it when you hear it get sucked up in the vacuum cleaner!
Wow, that must be some crazy carpet! :) Wiggly teeth make me queasy, so that's definitely Kyle's department. Good for Ethan for being so ready to have a tooth pulled...and I should've known you guys would have the best method! Woof! :)
We want to see birthday pictures!!!!
Post a Comment