Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Let the fun begin!

A couple of months ago the kids started soccer. I wanted this to be at the end of my post as a side note but I am too tired and frustrated to monkey with this issue. So to heck with it. Here is a goofy picture of my goofy kids in their soccer uniforms:



They did okay for it being their first time. (PS They didn't get shorts for E until about half way through the season and he insisted on tucking his shirt in. There are worse things right?) They took turns being the kid on the field pulling their shirts over their heads and picking grass and whatnot. I gave up. My competitive nature wanted to jerk them off the field and give them the what-for but I chose restrain myself. I figured I would just embarrass our family further by showing everyone what kind of mother these poor kids deal with 24-7!

The fun I was talking about was Halloween. We love it around here. My mom instilled in me a love for Halloween and all the things that come with it. I get so excited every year for costumes and parties and trick-or-treating. Tonight there was a Primary Halloween Carnival at the church and the kids just chose whatever costumes out of the dress-ups they felt like wearing at that moment. They each have other costumes picked our for Halloween night but chose different ones for this occasion.

I fully give Jenn credit for this adorable little swashbuckler! She is looking for pirate costume ideas and I've been kind of obsessed with it. (Freaky pregnancy brain!) So tonight I whipped up this little number for G. I couldn't resist!





All three kiddos:



Ethan went back to his power ranger roots:










Liddy went classic with this witch costume Ben's Grandma Faye made years ago and we were lucky enough to inherit:





I know he's trying to be all hard and piratey but couldn't you just eat him up!


5 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh my gosh, Grant! So stinkin' cute!

tania said...

That Grant is killing me!!! I just want to squish him!!!! TOO cute.

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! I just love that G-Baby! Your kids are all too funny. (Wonder where they got THAT from?!?) :)

Adrienne said...

Haha look at G-man! He looks tough! I'm beginning to picture Ethan as the red power ranger any time I think of him! I must say, I've never seen a kid so in love with that one character! Liddy is just darlin' as always! I keep seeing all these cute Halloween shirts and outfits and stuff and I get all excited thinking "our baby needs that"! Then I remember he isn't coming until AFTER Halloween! Look out, Target, I'll be raiding the sales right after its over for anything 8-12 months!

Anonymous said...

All the kids look cute in their costumes but Grant looks adorable! He cracks me up! He reminds me so much of Kevin. Don't you think?