Saturday, February 27, 2010

Welcome to the world

He's here! And I am not pregnant anymore! Yay!

Here he is. 6 lbs 8 oz, 19 in long (and my sausage toes...but cute nails right?! Mom, Liddy, and I got awesome pedi's the day before).

This little guy arrived February 26, 2010 at 7:47 am via repeat c-section. It was the smoothest and quickest c-section I have ever had. Ben put in my spinal-he claims the title of the only person to get my spinal with just one try! Go Baby! I highly recommend him for anyone who needs anesthesia :) The spinal worked great. He was also there every second anticipating my needs and managed to keep me from throwing up (which has never happened before as I always puke). His coworker Kevin managed my anesthesia during the case and kept me pain-free the entire time (also something that has never happened before). They also dropped the drape and lifted my head so I got to see this baby enter this world. It was so sweet! He was crying as soon as his head was out, even before his body was delivered!

I got to see him for just a minute before Ben whisked him away to the nursery. He was having just a little trouble adapting to life so I didn't get to see him for a few hours after that. When I got back to the room Mom and Dad and the kids were all there waiting for us. They were cute to me and had fun eating crackers and drinking juice. The nurses totally spoiled all of us because they "just love Ben!" They had even decorated my room while I was in the OR.

When they finally brought him to me I am not joking when I say I thought they brought me the wrong baby. I mean, who is this kid?! All three other kids looked like they came from the exact same mold...well I guess we broke the mold with this guy because wow...I am still a little confused every time I look at this little man!

Ethan is such a good big brother



I was totally exhausted and spent the next 24 hours going between this and groggily smiling at visitors and nurses.


Sweet LiLi and yet another brother. Isn't she beautiful?



Happy parents and BRAND NEW baby, just minutes old. (Don't mind the guys in the back. They're just sewing my uterus back up. Yikes.)


I don't have a picture of Grant and the baby yet but he loves him. He's really been aniticipating this event. Last week he rubbed my belly and said, "OOOhhh, I want he to come out! He need to be born!" and the next day he kissed my belly and said, "I just love that little tiny brother!" I don't know if it's what he expected but he's handling it okay. He just held the baby when he saw him and sang to him. Every time a nurse would come around he would get very protective and say things like, "What are you doing to my baby? Don't hurt him!" and "Why you doing that? You making he cry!" Already a big brother!
Well, I guess you all want to know one bit of news: the name. The kids named him about two weeks ago and I was sold but Ben was holding out for something different. I just can't change it because ever since the kids agreed on his name it just felt like that is who he is. So without further ado:
Caleb Rocky Guercio

11 comments:

Nicole said...

Congratulations!!! I love his name. I bet your daddy was so honored!

Adrienne said...

We love him!!!!! Congrats to all of you! My mom and I are sitting here cracking up at Grant & a little teary eyed! That is priceless and I'm so glad you wrote it down for him to read one day! What great big brothers & a big sister Caleb has (& amazing parent, of course)! Lucky little boy! Can't wait to meet him in person one of these days! We love you!

Tara said...

Congrats Ash and fam! When I got your email and that said for people to call - I thought you were making me look bad. I have literally gone into hiding. :)
I am so happy to hear everything went smoothly. You and baby look great! Take care. :)

Anonymous said...

That Grant is so funny! I love these pictures! Adorable. How nice to have an "in" at the hospital...and get your room decorated! It was nice when Kyle's uncle did my surgery, but I don't know if I could watch! You brave, girl! ;)

Shelly said...

Congratulations you two! Caleb is a great name, and what a sweet, darling baby! I am sure he will be huge by the time we meet him, but my little Ian weighed 6 lbs. 6oz. at 3 weeks old when we met, and I miss that tiny baby stage! And great job with the anesthesia Ben! How cool to have your hubby get to do that. Congratulations again, and we are so happy you are all okay. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

So cute-you are on top of things already posting!!! So happy all went well! love the name!! Congrats!

Kim in PA said...

Happy Day! Ashley not pregnant anymore, baby Caleb healthy and kids all adjusting! Can't wait to meet him, Rachel and I will be in Utah March 24th - 29th. We'll call you. Thanks for the pics and updates,Love you guys!

Jared, Keri,Ashlyn,Anderson & Jaxon said...

Congrats! He is adorable.

Ariel Wall said...

Congratulations! These are great pictures and you're an awesome writer, Ashley! Your kids are so cute! Best of luck! <3

Rick and Melissa said...

Congratulations! That baby is so sweet. And so are the sibling pictures. Sounds like the hospital treated you WELL. Hope you are doing well at home, adjusting and getting at least a little sleep. Lots of love.

Alesha said...

Ya Ash! Congrats he is so so handsome! Glad you came up with a cute name! They are so hard, especially for boys!