Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Summer 2010...so far

This summer has been fun so far.

Ethan and Liddy finished up spring soccer. They received trophies which were promptly broken upon arriving at our house of destruction.



We had another awesome visit from my parents and took an unexpectedly long hike (typical Guercio fashion although we actually made it back to the car at dark):





Caleb received a name and a blessing. (Also featured in these photos: backyard complete with rock wall, GRASS, and mulch! Thank you Ben!):


I have laughed the hardest I have laughed in a long time. Just ask my dad about this one!:


We've had some good family home evenings (and some that can barely be called FHE). This one was about Esther. Even the boys enjoyed making crowns:


We've had lots of smiles and tons of kisses from little sweet Caleb boy:


We wore ourselves out at kangaroo zoo:


We've had pirate adventures at the library. They chose their own pirate names. Here be "Long Wreck Tom", "Stub Leg Ned" and "Black Kid Eye". Okay, I admit I chose Grant's name :):


We've been to a couple of parades:

Sometimes Caleb was not interested and other times he was:


We went to a water park which some of us enjoyed and some of us did not:


We've done some serious bubble blowing:


We've consumed too much fast food. They are practically worshipping these burgers:


We've watched this boy grow and grow:


We've taken a trip to Chuck E Cheese and even Ben enjoyed himself:
We've taken so many photos of this irresistable baby:


We've remembered to show the flag respect (Grant figured it out shortly after this photo):

We've needed LOTS of baths:


We've done lots of snuggling:


We've even had a couple of surgeries:


(Ben sometimes "puts them to sleep" to teach them about his job. Although I'm not sure he ever says to his patients, "Okay. You may wake up." and they just hop up from the table like Grant did! They had so much fun making their own little first aid kits from some old nursing stuff we had around the house.)

I hope your summer is going great too! I can't believe it's half way over already! Time flies when you're having fun...or when things are so crazy life is a blur.

4 comments:

Chad said...

Thanks for the update Ash. Looks like you and Ben are doing a great job.

Adrienne said...

Cute! Haha I love them playing dr. How sweet! Caleb looks like Ben a lot but something about him looks like Liddy and something about him reminded us of Andy. Grant looks like he should be Kevin's kid...there is NO WAY Kev & Liz will have a kid that looks more like him than Grant!

Anonymous said...

Holy fingers, Ash! What did you do?!?
I love that picture of Grant in the bath--he is too funny.
We are going to the AF parade on teh 10th if you guys are up for it! And we saw the monkey cage boy at the Orem parade--my kids went hysterical!

Shelly Millgate said...

Great post! Looks like your family is having a great summer!!=)