Friday, June 18, 2010

What life is like today

I have only had little bursts of journal writing throughout my life and for a few years have given myself a pat on the back for blogging, telling myself that I am indeed keeping a journal. (Nice try, Ashley.) As my blogging has become almost extinct I am going to try some reviving. I have reached a point where I don't want to blog unless other people might want to read it, but I'm going to go back to just writing down our mundane lives. (Let's be honest, nobody is THAT interested in anything I have to say anyway:))

Today we are at home doing nothing. It is past noon and I am still in my muumuu. Gabe is here visiting and entertaining the boys and Liddy is across the street playing with a friend. I sort of cleaned the kitchen after breakfast and started one load of laundry. Go me.

Today I am feeling like it is not a big deal if I cross nothing off of my to-do list. All week I have been a major go-getter and I think I just need a day. Ya know what I'm sayin?

Today I have not heard Grant say any of my favorite things he usually says. I think I haven't been listening. Some of my favorites are "and stuff" as in, "Mom can we go to park and stuff?"; "Know dat?!" as in "I really thirsty, know dat?!" and "I lub you too Mom" even if I haven't said I love you. He did say, "Mom can we go to the harade (parade) today?" "No, Grant that is tomorrow." "But it IS tomorrow!"

Today Liddy woke up dry for the fourth night in a row. That's one out of four kids! Yipee! (I had to wash two sets of sheets today as 2 of 4 had diaper leakage problems.) I can't get my hopes up really. A few months ago she was dry at night for about a week and then regressed. I know, it is out of my control and I need to just let it go. That should be my new mantra.

Today Ethan hasn't run any laps. I think he is busy with Gabe so no laps needed. He has been busy gaming. Right now he and Gabe are having a discussion about machine guns. Gabe just said, " I know. That's what 'rapid fire' means." Thanks for educating my son so well.

Today I have held Caleb almost every waking moment. Go ahead and judge. I don't care. He is the sweetest thing and I am feeling like indulging myself.

Today I got to see my best friend Jenn first thing in the morning. Her family spent the night last night and I was so giddy I couldn't get myself to go to bed until the wee hours of the morning!

Today I got a call from Ben's Grandma requesting help with her computer. I get one of these calls every now and then. It grants me a rare opportunity to help the grandparents in a simple way and I always enjoy it. (Luckily it is usually something simple enough for me to figure out!)

Today Ben will come home from work only to leave straight away for Youth Conference. Don't get me started...*sigh*

Today I sat down at the piano for a few minutes and tried to play a few songs. I love it although I am painfully bad at it. Did you know that deep down I would love to play effortlessly? And I'm not shooting for concert pianist, I just want to be a decent Primary pianist! Do you think it's too late for me?

Today I was pondering the question I get asked about every other day:
So, how does it feel to have 4 kids?
Crazy. Frustrating. Funny. Weird. Busy. Sweet. Fulfilling. Worthwhile. Exasperating. All of those things at different times. And no, I don't think it is much different than having three. You see, I still have the same three only now I get to pack around a tiny nugget who loves to snuggle me and rub my face and sleeps reallly well at night. Adding a fourth has, for the most part, just added another level of sweetness to my life. I guess once you max out the crazy no more damage can be done. I think I was maxed out with the first two. (Side note: I do panic daily that I'm forgetting someone)

I think today is a good day.

6 comments:

Brandy Bonnette said...

I enjoyed your post.....and SOOO needed it! I'm glad other moms go through the same things I do, just in different ways.

Anonymous said...

How funny that you make Ethan run laps- my mom made us do that when we were younger too-which probably explains why Owen and I both ran cross country in high school!

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy your post. You need to do it more often!!! Can't wait to see y'all!

jolyne77 said...

Good to know about the 4th...we'll be having our 4th and last in Nov. Its nice to have things settled down though, is it not? I love my home and love that I never have to move again if I don't want to. Its great feeling. Hang in there..we're right behind ya LOL.... ;-) Miss ya girl.

Anonymous said...

Gabe runs laps here, but we call it "chugging" since it involves a pencil going round and round by his head to simulate the wheels of a train. Don't ask.
I loved this post. We will have a fabric adventure soon and you can post about how much fun it was! :)
And you are so patient about the whole night potty thing. I don't think I would handle it as well!

Shelly said...

Great post! Sometimes the ones about nothing in particular are the best ones of all. Loved it!!