skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Lazy Days
- I am bringing new meaning to the word lazy. It's like I unknowingly entered into a personal quest to become the laziest person alive who still appears to get things done. I am not kidding. I couldn't even bring myself to make lunches for my kids for school today. Oh no...I gotta call the school and put money in their accounts! Be right back...
- I'm back. I am serious when I say that two days ago I was burned out from having to get out of the cleaning ladies' way (I know, right? I don't have the energy to NOT clean my house?!) and then watching my two kids and one little neighbor boy for a few hours, so I treated myself to a pedicure. On the way I got a book from the library which I proceeded to read the rest of the afternoon and into the night until it was finished. Oh, I forgot, I did call a pizza delivery guy somewhere in there. It took a major effort on my part.
- Then yesterday Caleb slept until 10, Grant went to preschool and then a playdate, Ben came home early from work...dream day! And you know what I did with all that free time? Neither do I. Nothing to show for it. I did squeeze in a little nap and I did make some dinner although it was very stressful and I didn't have the energy to do any side dishes, so after each kid was done with their chicken and dumplings I scooped some thawed corn into their bowls and demanded they eat at least one vegetable. Sometimes my parenting skills astound me.
- This has become an ongoing problem. It all started with a trip to the Bahamas. I know what you're thinking, "A trip to the Bahamas?! What are you crying about?!" But for real, it started me down a slippery slope. Ben and I took this awesome 8 day trip, just the two of us. I'm sure you all know that on day 4 we had our rental car vandalized and a bunch of our (my) stuff stolen. I've told this story to anyone who stands close enough to hear me talking (and we all know that my volume is set on high so that's not all that close). But yeah, they took my purse, wallet, cell phone, camera, hair brush, Ensign...you name it. It was so crummy! Hence, no pics of that trip. I tried to move on and the vacation was awesome but I got home and I just couldn't get it back together. I got a UTI for the first time in my life, a cold sore inside my nose which I still have like 6 weeks later, other fun stuff as a side effect of the antibiotics, and somewhere in the first week or two after returning the mild illnesses just piled up. I started waking up with my head congested...you know how whatever side you were sleeping on feels like it is slogged and if you roll over it just trickles down until it fills the other side? Yeah, that's so fun. Anyway, I still have that going on too.
- We've had sick kids here and there. We took a fun little trip to St. George last weekend but poor Ethan spiked a fever on day two so I hunkered down in the hotel with him and Caleb. Sadly, I was glad to lay in a dark hotel room and do absolutely nothing. What is wrong with me? And don't even say it because I am NOT pregnant!
- So today I wake up and it is snowing, SNOWING!!! Please do not give me another reason to stay in bed all day long! But it gets better. The heater isn't working. Ben and I discovered at 1230 last night (after I decided to move my body from the couch, where I'd just watched about 3 hours of TV, to the bed) that the pilot light is out so, being the lazy people we are, we turned on the kids' portable heaters and hunkered down under our down alternative comforter. This morning I did drive my kids to the bus stop so they didn't have to endure the snow, but I did so in Uggs, muumuu, and a snuggie. Awesome. (What's worse is I actually took them to school in a similar getup last week and had to walk into the office. I'm sure they are so proud to call me their mother.) So here I sit wrapped in a snuggie with a portable heater blowing on me and just hoping (futilely) that a kid does not poo or get hungry because that would necessitate me moving off of the couch. I think something is really wrong with me.
- On a happy note, Caleb is doing so well! He can crawl. He just crawled over to me as a matter of fact and now I'm smelling how futile my hope was :(. But his preferred method of travel is the butt scoot. It is so funny! He turned One while we were on our trip (again, great parenting) and Erin and Matt graciously let us celebrate his birthday at their house as an add on to Gayle's birthday. Too lazy to have my kid's first birthday party...wow.
- I did get some videos and pictures off of my phone and I truly meant to post them here. Ah well, some other time perhaps.
- P.S. Sorry about the annoying bullets but blogger kept lumping all my paragraphs into one when it published the post and I'm too lazy to try and figure it out. Go figure. So that was my solution. Enjoy!
4 comments:
Are you sure your not preg?! Your luck you would be! I always enjoy reading your blogs. They are always very entertaining. I'm actually being very lazy myself right now. Avery is down for a nap and I'm relaxing in the tub with the baby monitor next to me reading blogs when there are a hundred of things I need to be doing in my house! Post some pictures of the kids when you feel up to it!!!
HAHAHAHA!!! You are my hero. I wish I could go out in a snuggie and mumu--that is too hilarious. I can't believe you were vandalized! I'll have to hear the details.
I think as moms we get in a slump and just need to check-out for awhile...at least that's what I'm tellin' myself! :)
You are not fooling anyone. We all know you are superwoman. Hooray for you for taking a little break from life!
ummm I think we need to get together. I'm calling you! I love ya!! p.s. the mumu couldn't be the one you used to wear at the colony could it? ;)
Post a Comment