Saturday, January 29, 2011

What do those Mormons believe?

Each month the LDS church publishes a magazine called the Ensign. It is full of articles and stories to inspire and instruct. This month there was a great article excerpted from a speech given at Harvard Law School by one of the 12 apostles of our church, Dallin H. Oaks. It explained very clearly the fundamentals of my faith. In fact it is entitled Fundamental to our Faith.

After reading it I wondered if some of you are not sure what it is exactly that I believe. So many of you have shared yourselves with me throughout my life and have added to my happiness, I thought I'd share a little of myself with you.

I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior.
I know that God lives.
I know that God has revealed, does reveal, and will yet reveal many great things to us.
I know that the most important things I will do on this Earth are being a wife and a mother, and helping others come to know the love of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
I know that I am so happy and blessed because I have that knowledge, and because I strive to live my life in accordance with the principles of the gospel.

If you would like to read this article about what I believe click here.
Also, visit mormon.org to see short video clips about Mormons and about Jesus Christ and to learn more about us.

1 comment:

McCartneys said...

That's awesome Ashley, thanks for sharing .