Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Another little nugget...

So I took Liddy and Grant to the park yesterday while Ethan was in school. The need to use the restroom facilities arose and I asked Liddy to come with me to the bathroom (help with Grant, stay within reach so nobody steals her from me) and she refused. At first she was polite, "No thanks Mom, I'll just stay here in play." As my desperation increased I became more or less threatening and she became belligerent. The conversation then went something like this:

Me: Liddy you better get your behind over here right this minute! I have got to go the the bathroom NOW!!

Liddy: No! I'm gonna play here!

Me: Well fine! Maybe somebody mean will steal you away and what if they beat you?!
Now, Liddy and I have this same basic conversation frequently and I usually try the other technique and say "I hope some nice family takes you home cuz I'm leaving!" But this time I thought I would scare her so she would know I was concerned for her safety. Oh ho, not Liddy. She will not be intimidated or scared. Here was her reply:
"OH YEAH?! WELL I KNOW KARATE!!!"
I seriously laughed so hard I literally almost peed my pants! She looked pretty smug about that! Maybe it's not good that she's taking karate at school. She really thinks she can open up a can on somebody!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! Are you guys still able to come on Saturday? I want Liddy to show me some moves!

Alesha said...

Your kids are the best! I love it!

Chelsea said...

Hey Ashley!! Tania told me to snoop on your blog for the school stories about Liddy. She is so funny. I'm glad the kids are enjoying school so much. We miss Ms. Carline, but Adri got into a charter school so, we better stay. Be careful with the karate classes. Adri started using her moves on us last year. It was quite shocking when I would grab her hand and she would do one of her moves to get away.

kbally80 said...

Hey ashley, this is Kasey Yarn. I hope you remember me. I was excited to find your blog. You have such a beautiful family. I was wondering if you could help me. I would like to get in touch with laryn. I saw Andy and his wife's blog and I e-mailed her but she might just think that I am some stranger. I hope that you will not. The e-mail that I use most often is kbally80@hotmail.com. She can e-mail at this address. I hope that you and your family are well. Hope to hear from you.

Kasey