Friday, October 17, 2008

Our first house!!!

Here is the reason that I've dropped off the face of the blogging world for a while now:





We were able to get the keys on October 2nd and immediately started moving stuff out of storage and into the garage. I had this idea that we needed to paint before we moved in. I am finding out that all these projects I have planned take a lot more time and a ton more work than I think! We didn't actually stay in the house until almost a week later. We painted all the ceilings in the whole house (minus the 3 bathrooms and the laundry room, which we just plain forgot to do). The walls and ceilings in the ENTIRE house were painted the same color. You can see it in this picture of the living room/dining room/kitchen:



I agree, the color itself is not horrible, it's neutral and all that, but it made the house seem so dark. So we painted. There are still many things on the list...the dining room fixture is kind of ugly and somebody hung it in a weird place, we need furniture in the living room...(there is also a formal living room on this floor that is completely empty!) Here is another kitchen picture:


And then we painted all the walls upstairs (four bedrooms, living room). Ethan and Liddy got to pick their own wall colors and then help paint their room. Ethan stuck with it for a long time. At one point I turned to see Liddy dipping her hands in paint and putting hand prints on the wall. It was only the first coat so no big deal. I actually felt kind of sad painting over those cute little hand prints!

The upstairs living room. You can see what the stair rail looks like and down that hall there are two unused bedrooms, a bathrooom and a nice sized closet. Ethan and Liddy's room are to my right and left. You can see Ethan gaming. No, we don't have a Wii, he just plays all video games as if they were interactive. He's always redfaced and sweating when he's done!

The main floor has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms (not pictured due to cleanliness issues) and all the windows have great views. From the front windows you can see the Mt. Timpanogos temple, Utah lake, and the mountains across the lake. The back windows look out onto the foothills and mountain. We are right up against the mountains on the east side of the valley. So far we love our house. We still need to do so much work (finish the basement, put in a back yard...) but at least we can do what we like and keep it when we're done! Please come visit us! We have plenty of room!




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! I'm so glad you finally got your house. I am so coming over the next time I am in Utah. Have fun fixing it up.

I'm sorry I missed your birthday completely! I remember telling Bret "I need to call Ash today" and never did. So I hope you had a good one! Love you!

Jenn said...

Holy Mansion Batman! Your house is gorgeous and I miss you. Can I come live there? Thanks

Alesha said...

Ok I love it, can I just have the same one! Isnt it wierd how all the sudden you are rich? That is what is feels like!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Your house is amazing and HUGE! Hopefully you'll never have to move with as many bedrooms as you have!

Congrats again! Good luck with all the fixing up! Doesn't look like it needs much! Post pictures along the way!

jolyne77 said...

Holy Crap Woman! It looks AWESOME! I'm so glad you posted it. It gives the rest of us poor sucks out here in Erie Land something to aspire too...just 8 more months I tell myself....in a year, maybe we'll have one to match..in ID of course ;-)

So happy for you....congrats girl!

PS...we totally miss you over here.

Chelsey said...

Wow! It looks awesome! I like what I see. We're going to need to come over and break it in, Vanchiere style if you know what I mean!

Adrienne said...

Ashley and Ben!!! Yey! We are so happy for you! It looks great, from what we can see and I can't wait to go visit one of these days! It is a little discouraging to think we have..what?..5 years til we are in you and Ben's position! AHHH! I just don't even need to think about i! Hug those kiddos and have fun fixing it up! Maybe if we come during Christmas I can help you paint or something while the guys distract the kids! That would be fun! We love yall!

Anonymous said...

What a great house! Can't wait to come over!! (Do you still want that end table? It would work in a basement setting--it's not too fancy.) Congrats!! I am jealous...but congrats!! ;)

Lisa said...

Can I just say how grateful I am for the internet? I was looking at the pictures of your house thinking, "man, modern technology is such a miracle!!!" I know...I am lame, but I was just so excited to actually be able to see where you are living. I am so thrilled for your family. We love you guys.