Sunday, October 26, 2008

Grant the Bruiser

Grant is hitting that age where he is a nightmare at church. Too young for nursery and too old to be held for hours. Ben and I take turns who has to take him for the third hour at church and I drew the short straw this week. So I walled us in the back corner of Relief Society with a circle of chairs and a couple of other moms in my same unfortunate situation joined me.

It wasn't long before Grant had hit every child multiple times! I was so sad and embarassed. I have no idea what got into that child. Now he is the big bully. After making him sit on a chair and telling him no I finally had to take him out into the hall. I stood him by the wall and held his hands, crouched down by him and told him "No,No! You do not hit! You hurt those babies!" He then squenched (is that a word?) up his face and fake cried. When I still didn't smile he turned his face to the wall and did a perfect imitation of Liddy with her nose in the corner fussing because she's in time out. That one made me laugh! Who is this kid?!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Hi! I found your blog through your shopping blog. That is awesome by the way. I knew the Albies sale looked good..but haven't had a second to study it. Anyway, don't worry about Grant..Jack wasn't too traumatized! You are awesome..see you soon.