I bought this material to make a blanket when I was pregnant with G but now this new boy has one! You can't tell in this pic but the fabric has little skull and crossbones all over it. I love it!
This is a dress I tried to make for Liddy, repurposed from an adult dress shirt. I followed a tutorial on this Make it and love it blog. This lady has fabulous simple ideas. I love it.
Last Sunday Liddy was begging me to make a project. After telling her no and wasting time watching a show on the internet, I felt guilty and decided to do a project with her and Ethan. They decorated their own notebooks. Ethan said this was the best notebook he ever had in his whole life. I should try a little harder...it doesn't take much to make them feel special.
I had a baby shower for a gal in my ward so I made some more burp cloths. I made a couple for her and a couple for our little guy.
Our relief society retreat was about purse-onal something or other and they asked us to make cakes that look like purses. Here's what I made. I was proud of the flowers but devastated when the handle fell and cracked when I pulled it out of the fridge that morning. (It used to stand up like a real purse handle but I had to make do. Oh well.) And don't get me started on the ghetto tin foil fiasco. I looked at three stores for that fancy foil stuff and nobody had it. So I ended up covering a cookie sheet with tin foil which of course ripped every chance it got. I was so embarrassed!
4 comments:
Those look awesome! The blanket looks almost just like one my mawmaw got for our baby but she paid big bucks! The cake is way cute, I don't even know what you are talking about with the ghetto tin foil! I LOVE THE FLOWERS! You're way too talented, not fair!
I wish I had some of your talent! I'm jealous!!
I love projects! Hey, I need you to show me how to 'properly' put satin binding on a baby blanket like you've done. I have an idea, but mine would be ghettofabulous when it's all over with if I go at it alone. Love that cake! We should have a cake night. Let's just sit around and eat cake. Very impressed with all you've done!
You made that cake?? Wow! It looks professional! You're talented.
Post a Comment